Below are descriptions of all the wines that we have made since 2006. Some of them are no longer available. Please see the relevant Order page to see what is available in each country.
We only make around 36 000 bottles a year and some wines are made in tiny quantities so therefore sell out very quickly. We will store wines for you at the winery if you place your order in advance.
To order wines for delivery, please go to the relevant page. I know the French prices are cheaper but that is becuase they don't have the extra duty and transport, so please don't try to use that page to order for delivery to the UK.
For some suggestions on what to eat with our wines, see "food matches".
For the "fiche techniques" of any of the wines, click the vintage of the wine you want to see. These can then be printed.
For bottle shots of the wines please choose the relevant repository below
For up to date information on my recommendations on drinking and serving the various vintages, click here
- One Block Muscat
- One Block is so named because living one block from the World Trade Center on 9/11/01 was the catalyst that caused us to change our lives and follow our dream. A dry, aromatic and refreshing white wine made from 100% Muscat a Petits Grains. It is recognised as one of the most subtle and elegant dry Muscats in the region. It has subtle aromas of elderflowers and grapefruit. The palate is of citrus fruits with nice density and above all a very smooth texture.
- 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007
- La Terre Promise
- Named after the Bruce Springteen song "Promised Land". A natural wine made from Macabeu (Viura), Grenache gris and Carignan blanc. Nothing is added during its conversion from juice to wine. It has a complex nose of river stones, quince and buttered toast. The palate combines flavours of pears and citrus with a long, spicy finish.
- Muscat de Rivesaltes
- A late-harvested, fortified sweet aperitif and/or dessert wine. It has a beautiful floral aroma and a rich honeyed palate with dried fruits and nuts. Treloar Muscat always aims to be less sugary and have more richness than others.
- 2014 2013 2012 2011 2009
- A late-harvested, oxidised, "orange" wine. This is my take on the ancient Roussillon tradion of Vin Rancio. It has an intense and strange aroma of marmalade and Sherry. The palate is off-dry with quince, dried fruits and nuts. A very unique wine to enjoy chilled as an aperitif with olives and anchovies or with cheese
- 2012 2011
- The Rose of Treloar
- Made from 100% Syrah, this off-dry, fruity wine is made for easy-drinking
with friends in the sun. It is very fruity - think cherries and strawberries.
You may find a crystaline sediment in our rosé. These are tartrate crystals and completely harmless. They form naturally in wine, even after filtration, when it is chilled. Most commercial wines have them removed prior to bottling by refrigerating the wine to -4°C for 3 days but we feel that this is an unnecessary waste of electricity.
So think of the wine as being more natural and avoid the last few drops!
- Le Ciel Vide
- Named after a Bruce Springsteen song "Empty Sky" which, for us expressed most clearly the memories of September 11th. This unoaked red is made from Syrah, Grenache, Mourvedre and Carignan. It is the most approachable of all our red wines with crunchy forest fruits and an earthy, smoky character from the Aspres terroir. Drinkable upon release for up to 3 years.
- 2015 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008
- One Block (Grenache)
- A Grenache-based Cotes du Roussillon aged in used French barriques for 12 months. A deep and complex wine, with flavours of ripe berry fruits, liquorice, fennel and dark chocolate cake. Drink between 1 and 5 years after vintage.
- 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007
- Three Peaks
- A blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre with a light touch of oak from ageing in older barriques. The Mourvedre is noticeable in the aroma of leather. It clearly shows the terroir of the Aspres in it's refreshing fruit character and medium body. It is ready for drinking 2 years after vintage, but will reward you more if kept for up to six years.
- 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007
- Le Secret
- A Syrah-based wine with more oak influence than the Three Peaks, leading to a more intense blackberry fruit aroma and a hint of camp-fire. On the palate it is very well balanced but benefits from decanting for a couple of hours. The flavour is then a complex combination of dark berry fruit, grilled steak and charred wood. I advise storing it for up to 8 years to get the most out of the wine.
- 2012 2008 2007 2006
- Le Maudit (The Damned)
- The Maudit is always based on Carignan from our low-yielding vines planted in 1955. However, each vintage we may choose to try something different.
- 2011 Pure Carignan, tfermented traditionally and aged in older barrels for 12 months. The nose is complex with mandarin peel, café-au-lait and ripe dusty raspberries. On the palate it is very well balanced with an amazing freshness for a wine from the Roussillon.
- 2012 Co-fermented as whole bunches with our oldest Syrah vines planted in 1972. The wine was then aged in large-format barrels for 2 years and lees from La Terre Promise was stirred into the wine to develop the texture. The wine has an incredible nose of woodland, bramble fruit and tobacco. The palate is firm and yet rich at the same time. A wonderful wine showing the potential of old-vine Carignan and Syrah grown in the Aspres terroir.
- A Mourvedre-dominated red wine aged in new and used oak barrels for 2 years. It has a distinctive leathery, almost animal, aroma, great fruit concentration, structure and aging potential for a further 10 years. Probably our most popular wine among wine-afficianados.
- 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006
- Our icon wine. Tahi is the Maori word for "1". It is made from the parcels of Syrah, Grenache and Mourvedre on Le Roubau, a rare limestone hillside, and aged for 12 months in French oak barriques. I then select only the barrels which make the most harmonious combination. There is toasty oak and roast coffee on the nose, perfectly balaced by the spicy fruit aromas. It is a very well balanced yet complex wine, which will benefit from cellaring for up to 10 years.
- 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006